PAID TO WANDER


Friday, August 12, 2011

Water



One of my painting buddies, Coni Grant, called me up and wondered if I had finished the piece that I had started on a recent outing we had in the Zapata Creek area. I told her I thought it was finished-- so she encouraged me to post it on the blog- because she was going to post her piece on hers and refer readers to look at mine. So here tis...
Froth and Tumble, 12x9




You can check Coni's blog at http://www.pleinview.blogspot.com/






I also recently spruced up a piece we did on a paint out near Taos in May. This was a pond that sits below Kevin MacPherson's place.

Mac's Pond, 12x9




Many of you have noticed that I feature water in my paintings- more often than not. I love to paint water. It affords me the chance to bounce the colors around in a piece and also get fudgy with my brushwork.



I also live in the arid west and maybe I'm just thirsty?


Beaverland, 12x9

2 comments: